The three-act structure is the beginning, middle, and end. It is commonly used as a template for fiction and movie screenplays.
- Setup (of the location and characters)
- Confrontation (with an obstacle)
- Resolution (ending in a climax and a dénouement).
General three-act structure outlines
- General three-act structure outline
- The Hero's Journey - "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell
- "The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers" by Christopher Vogler
- A Practical Guide to THE HERO WITH A THOUSAND FACES - http://www.skepticfiles.org/atheist2/hero.htm
- John Truby's Building Blocks
- Lester Dent Master Plot Formula